The Development Center is setup to help in the study of the heritage, faith and practices of the Mar Thoma Church including the sacraments in various media forms especially the Audio visual media.
- To equip the first generation Diaspora Mar Thoma Christians to document and transmit their faith tradition and experiences to the new generation.
- To enable the second and third generation Mar Thoma Christians to understand their roots so as to tke wings in relevant Christian witnessing.
- To develop a data bank of the new generations for efficient networking and resource mapping.
- To provide the space for the second and third generation Marthomites to share their aspirations, concerns and dreams of the church.
- To bring about awareness of the Diaspora context to the parish priests as part of their orientation to the ministerial context in this diocese so as to enable them to initiate and implement innovative ministerial practices relevant for the second and third generation Marthomites.